10.09.2008

Hello, Fire Season

So I believe fire season has begun. It always seems to center around my area. Gotta love Soutern California. I've become well trained at determining types of smoke-- cigarette, cigar, barbeque, fireplace, wild, and barbeque. I actually like the smell of smoke-- my friends think I'm weird but hey, I don't mind.


No worries though. I don't plan on starting any fires other than the ones in candles.


Did you know I almost set my house on fire once? I had figured out how to burn the edges of a paper so it looked old and stuff and heh, it caught on fire. I was holding it in my hand as I stood over my desk and started freaking out and calling for my mom. I was extremely flustered because I don't think I ever told her when I was calling for her what had happened. The fire got closer to my fingers so I dropped the paper onto my desk. It quickly burned up and because my desk is laminate, not real wood, it didn't catch on fire. Praise God! However, I have a lovely burn sitting here to remind me of how "lucky" I was... and how I shouldn't be trusted with flames. To this day, my mom doesn't feel comfortable with me having candles in my room. I suppose I deserve such a reputation, but it has been two years. :)


I had my US History class today. It went well and I had a suprise presentation thing with my group. I hate public speaking, but we did find thanks to a guy in our group who is kind of an overachiever has had written down everything we needed to say. It worked out well. Actually, I had been in a group presentation with his younger brother only a couple weeks before and he proved himself to have the same kind of work ethic. Their oldest brother is the same way. And yes, they're all in my class. Their mama trained them well. :) So yeah, it was cool.


I made coffee this morning and it didn't taste horrible. Except I never actually finished it. My mom liked Arabica coffee, so that's the only kind we keep around. I myself am more of a Hazelnut kind of girl, but I suppose I'll just have to deal like I always have. :)


I believe I have a total of 1 reader... if that. So I've been trying to post every day this week. It's a good outlet for my thoughts... which, as of late, have been on the shallow side. Sorry. :)

My grandpa is in his last days. It's sad, but we all know it's coming. I've never been to a funeral before, so this will be a new experience for me. It could happen at any time now... At least I know what I'll wear. But I need a black cardigan. Now before you assume anything, I am not looking forward to this. But for me, if I know something bad is going to happen, I plan it out. That's how I deal with it. I'm planning on what I'll bring to my doctor's appointment in 2 weeks, and I'm planning what I wear to his funeral. That's what I do. That's how I deal.
I'm not completely emotionless. I'm sure it'll get to me at some point. I'm not hard hearted. But I have been toughened up this past year quite a bit.
I have a new song obsession: Love Story by Taylor Swift. It's so sweet, romantic, and wonderful. And the music video is awesome. Love her dress. The video was totally inspired by Pride & Prejudice, the one with Kiera Knightley. My favorite version. I know it by heart, and for awhile I watched/listened to part of it every night. So yeah, I know it pretty well. And Mr. Darcy... ah. :) Anyway, the music video is spectacular. Google it when you get the chance. :)

My new favorite name is Juliet. I will totally name my daughter Juliet. And I love the name Eleanor Rose. Shortened to Ellie. My other favorite name. Just don't say it too many times, it starts to sound wierd. :)

I'm off to finish school for the day. Later. :)

No comments: