5.16.2008

Why I No Longer Love UPS

Amazon said I would get free 2 day shipping. That was sweet. I figured it'd come sometime this week. After all, it does have to process before actually shipping. So today I start tracking it after finding out that it shipped (But who knows when!). And guess what I find out. That's it'd been sitting in Kentucky. For 3 days. Perhaps Amazon's warehouse is there. I don't really know. But after sitting in Lexington for a day and a half, it move to Louisville early this morning. It's finally on it's way out of Kentucky, as of 25 minutes ago. To come to California.

With 2 day shipping.
And UPS says it's "3 day select". I wonder why? On top of that, it's set to arrive on Tuesday the 20th. Ok, I get it if it comes Saturday. I get it that it won't come on Sunday. But I'm baffled as to why it would take me 6 hours to get from Kentucky to my house, and yet it'd take 5 pounds of plastic, metal, cardboard, and paper 5 days (With 2 day shipping!) to get to my house.
I'm a lot more patient than I sound, I think. And I really don't dislike UPS as much as it sounds. But I am confused. And anxious. And frustrated. But hey, at least I don't have to wait a year. At least I don't have to wait to use it until I pay my dad back or until my birthday. Those are all things to be thankful for. And I am. I'm just a little ho hum over here in Suburbland.
So anyway, I've been refreshing the tracking page constantly. Maybe by the time I get back from dance tonight it'll be somewhere near Suburbland? We'll see. My hope is that I'll get it tomorrow in time for International Photography Your Day... Day. It's on Sunday. Like I said, we'll see what happens.

No comments: