3.25.2008

God

I got a very interesting comment just now:

Anonymous said...
" 'I'm not very good, but I have confidence that I can learn more with the grace of God. '

I have to disappoint you in this.. If you wait for God to make your pictures better, you'll have to wait for ever..Face the truth and live for yourself, not for a non-existing thing."

Oh Anonymous, how I wish I could talk to you in real life! What I'm about to say I don't mean harshly.

1 Corinthians 15:3-7- For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, and that he appeared to Peter, and then to the Twelve. After that, he appeared to more than five hundred of the brothers at the same time, most of whom are still living, though some have fallen asleep. Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles, 8and last of all he appeared to me also, as to one abnormally born.

I know God exists. I see Him all around me-- in the way the sun shines, in how He works through my life every day. I'm not merely waiting for Him to suddenly make me a pro-photographer. I'm working at it, but by His strength. This is the truth. His is as real as you and I and even though we can't physically see Him, we both know that He exists. I believe in love, even if I can't see if or feel it. I know it's there. I believe that the sun exists, even if it's hidden by clouds. And I believe in God, even if I can't see His face. I know I will someday.

God is creator of all.
Genesis 1:1- In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

God is holy.
1 Peter 1:16- For it is written: "Be holy, because I am holy."

God is the one and only God.
1 Timothy 1:17- Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Man is sinful.
Romans 3:23- For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.

Man is not holy.
1 John 1:8- If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.

Man is without excuse.
Romans 1:20- For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.

Man is doomed to an eternity in hell.
Romans 6:23a- For the wages of sin is death.

Jesus is God.
Colossians 1:15- He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.

Jesus is perfectly sinless.
Hebrews 4:15- For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet was without sin.

Jesus died for our sins.
John 3:16- For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Jeus rose from the dead.
Luke 24:5-7- In their fright the women bowed down with their faces to the ground, but the men said to them, "Why do you look for the living among the dead? He is not here; he has risen! Remember how he told you, while he was still with you in Galilee: 'The Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, be crucified and on the third day be raised again.' "

Man needs to repent.
1 John 1:9- If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

If man repents, has faith, and believes, he (or she!) will be with God for eternity!
Romans 6:23b- The gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.


Oh Anonymous, I am praying for you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Bethany,

I read your response to my comment yesterday.
I'm quite amazed by the number of quotes taken out of the Bible.
Can I ask if you follow this book, and do you believe in everything of whats in it?