2.07.2008

Love Thursday


TLW3
Originally uploaded by LoriBeth Drew
True love waits. This is a phrase well known to my heart. Why? Because I, too, am waiting. I'm waiting for the man I love. I've chosen not to date because I want to be able to give him every part of me-- first spiritually, then emotionally, then physically.

The waiting part is the most difficult. There are days I wonder if I will ever be able to meet the one I've been waiting so long for. But knowing, simply knowing, that perhaps he relaly is out there, waiting for me too, makes it all worth it.

Perhaps it seems radical. I thought so too. Two years ago around this time I first heard of the idea and scoffed. I thought the girls who did such things such as wait to date until they could date The One were crazy, and especially the fact that they were saving their first kiss for their wedding.

God changed my heart and broke it. He showed me that allowing my heart to be broken and bruised by guys who cared nothing about it wasn't worth it.

I still remember the moment I decided to change my ways. I had just finished telling my friend Taylor about the things I went through with this guy. It was early in the morning. And then it hit me-- I could wait. I could wait for the man that God created especially for me. That I didn't need to date around an dhave my heart hurt over and over again. That day, in the wee hours of the morning, I gave my heart back to God to someday give away to the man I will marry.

I look forward to that day more and more with every heartbeat. to think that I will be able to give my whole self to the man God made for me... It's unimaginable. This necklace I wear reminds me about the promise I have made to Christ and to my future husband and to myself. It is an outward symbol of my committment. It's not the necklace that creates the purity-- it's the heart.

Bethany

1 comment:

Ariella said...

It is unimaginable! I too am saving myself and my first kiss for my wedding day. I can't wait. I also love your necklace.