2.20.2008

How You Live


Time Capturer
Originally uploaded by BethanyMae
I've been thinking a lot about legacies. What legacy am I leaving? What, who does it point to? When people look back and think about who I was, what will they think of? What legacy am I leaving to those who are younger than me?

I regret so many things I've said and done. I've wasted so much time I could have been using to glorify God. The sarcastic, rude comments were unnessecary. When I was runnign from my fears, I could have been growing. Instead of subconciously forming a clique, I could have been forming new friendships.

I will never gain back the time I lost. I certainly hope the legacy I leave doesn't point to those mistakes. Instead, I hope it points to God. I hope it points to His beautiful grace, His joy, His sovereign plan, the Cross. That is what I want people to think about. I have no time for regrets now. I need to use every moment I have left to glorify Him.

Point of Grace has a new song called "How You Live". The words are so very profound to me. Here is the chorus:

"Turn up the music
Turn it up loud
Take a few chances and let it all out
'Cause you won't regret it
Looking back from where you have been
'Cause it's not who you knew
And it's not what you did
It's how you live "

I pray that I will not compromise again. I can't afford it. There is no time to waste. May God be glorified today, tomorrow, and for eternity.

Bethany

No comments: