12.19.2007

Too... many... brownies

Tonight is my youth group's Christmas party. I wasn't quite sure what to bring for the white elephant gift exchange, but I desired to bring something both a guy or girl might enjoy.

3 boxes of brownie mix, 2 mixing bowls, 3 pans, and 1 utensil to stir later, I have two paper plates just full of brownies and Transforming Grace by Jerry Bridges. The perfect winter afternoon in my opinion, but we'll see.

I tried using cling wrap to wrap them. The first plate came out looking like it just went through the world's first cling wrap disaster and the second just looks nice. It's ridiculous and I think I'll rewrap the second one later. If I have time.

It's been raining off and on for the past couple days. Today I'd like to do a photoshoot of Tashi (my favorite model ever) but we'll see what happens with the weather. We also want to watch Return of the Daughters again together, each of us taking notes. It's quite the afternoon ahead of us.

Especially for me. I have to get 2.5 lessons of algebra done. I'm just hoping against hope that it's easy. I already did enough history yesterday to get at least today's done, but I'm slipping in English and Bible and Biology. I'll probably work on Bible during break, as well as reading for English. But I still have to study for a test and then take the test in biology, my worst subject.

Taylor and I have decided to sing Blue Skies for the youth group talent show at camp in February. We almost have it down. But we've been trouble getting a hold of the accompaniment music. We're very excited and don't sound half bad, which is a very good thing.

I hope to get some good shots this afternoon of both Tashi and the very wet nature around us. Everything is more beautiful after the rain. Of this I am certain.

Yesterday I took a walk in the rain. Wearing jeans, my corduroy jacket, pale green waterproof shoes, and a pink/purple polk-a-dotted umbrella, I got a few odd glances. But then again, most of the time I spent alone with God, not really caring what they thought. I was really arguing with myself and telling Him all about it. Oh, for the wonder of Heaven I long. Days seem so deary and hopeless at times.

I tend to have the oddest dreams. They have been getting weirder and weirder and are very distracting in many ways. They always deal with the desires of my heart. I wish I wouldn't dream of the things I do. I stumble a little when this happens. Praise be to God who is faithful and able.

Well, I am off to do school.

Bethany

No comments: