12.19.2007

A Sweet Hand Scrub

I'm sure this post sounds so silly, but do I care? Not a bit.

Last night I made a hand scrub. I used Meredith's altered recepie. Usually I don't try and make anything on my own because I never have the necessary ingredients. But seeing Meredith successfully subsitute with her own ingredients, I figured it was too simple not to give it a try.

I divided her recepie in half, using:

  • 2 cups of sugar
  • 1/2 cup of vegetable oil (I've heard coconut oil works better, but I couldn't open the jar... hehe)
  • 2 tsp. of imitation vanilla.

I also added some sugar free maple syrup. This really gave the perfect texture and scent. Honestly, my hands have never been softer. I am so pleased! It smells just like cookie dough, and doesn't taste half bad. Other natural ingredients such as honey, strawberry, or coconut could have been added for a different taste and texture. Don't worry about the measurements too much. It takes some personal refinement, adding more of what you prefer to get the best result.

Since I had no pure aloe on hand (I never do, but would like to!) I just quickly rub on some lotion afterward. I can't tell you how amazing my hands feel!

I should make things my myself more often. I'm thinking some olive oil face masks and conditioner? We'll see. :)

Bethany

No comments: